Are you passionate about helping small nonprofits succeed? Are you fascinated by social media and determined to keep up with the best ways to use it for research and to reach an audience? We’re looking for someone who wants to drive the next phase of social media engagement at Chicago Tiny House. Sound like you? Join our team today.
The Social Media Marketing Manager will report to the Executive Director, and will execute the social media strategy for Chicago Tiny House – focused on helping our nonprofit do more business and do more for our cause.
In this role, the Social Media Marketing Manager will drive brand engagement through a variety of social and external community-based channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, youtube, instagram, andrustpilot, Quora and beyond. Impeccable communication skills, very high attention to detail, great decision-making abilities and a data- and ROI-driven approach to social media are skills you will draw on every day to tackle this high-energy position.
In addition, the Social Media Marketing Manager works with many peope within our organization- including customer service; content; PR; customer lifecycle management; brand and acquisition marketing; product marketing; events and programs; and business intelligence – to create and implement social activities tailored to drive business value.
These programs serve to both drive product utilization success for our existing base of customers, as well as introduce Chicago Tiny House to a wider audience and drive trials, new customers, content visits and leads.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Managing, coordinating, and leading the execution of all organic brand social media campaigns – with a focus on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and oversight of other brand-relevant channels like Trustpilot and Quora – which map closely to the overall acquisition and brand marketing strategy.
- Developing and maintaining regular social performance reports.
- Identifying new tactics, strategies, and channels that present an opportunity to reach the small business and nonprofit audience and increase exposure for Constant Contact.
- Actively growing the audiences for our existing brand channels.
- Creating, curating, and publishing content – with a visual mindset – on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and other social media properties designed to engage these audiences and impact our direct business.
- Coordinating closely with the social customer service team to fully cover social engagement opportunities.
- Being the point person for the execution of Constant Contact’s social strategy.
- Socializing trends and adoption of new use cases and platforms with internal clients.
- Working with many internal clients to execute social media best practices and trends across many different properties.
- Meeting with various stakeholders to collect content for social media calendar.
- Moderating user-generated posts and replies.
- Translating marketing and PR content into highly engaging, social-friendly content.
- Interpreting insights and community conversations into actionable recommendations.
- Identifying Influencers and monitoring for engagement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree Preferred but not required
- Two to five years of hands-on social media, content strategy, creation and distribution experience.
- Experience with social media tools such as HootSuite, Simply Measured, Brandwatch, Buffer, Adobe and Google Analytics, as well as knowledge of the respective networks’ analytical dashboards.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
- Able to effectively communicate up and down the management chain.
- Able to effectively cope with the occasional stressful situation.
- Strong copywriting and grammar skills.
- Exhibits sound judgment in making quick and important decisions.