Urgent Help is Needed
Please help us help Chicago’s homeless by donating to our communities.
Business Strategy Director
The Business Strategy Director is responsible for ensuring that Chicago Tiny House has necessary funding to function. This means, creating and implementing a fundraising plan detailing how the organization can obtain financial support; often, the plan identifies sources such as individual investors, grants, charitable events, marketing opportunities, and corporate investors.
The fundraising plan also contains strategies to successfully build a large donor base and ensure effective fundraising. The Business Strategy Director then reports this plan to the other senior leadership and the organization’s board of directors. As a small nonprofit organization, the Business Strategy Director may be required to personally solicit donors, be responsible for Chicago Tiny House’s branding, and play a large role in the Chicago Tiny House’s public relations strategies. The Business Strategy Director mostly oversees a development team which they would be responsible for staffing and maintaining
The Business Strategy Director is required to have at least five years of experience in a non-profit leadership position or similar fundraising experience. Prospective directors must be familiar with operational processes in nonprofits and legalities surrounding non-profit fundraising techniques.
The Business Strategy Director will be responsible for driving growth of Chicago operations.
In this highly visible role, the Director will be serving as an organizational ambassador within the community at large. Responsible for building relationships with referral generators and client on-boarding, they will be central to the organization’s future growth and sustainability.
Ideal opportunity for a mission-driven “entrepreneur” who is eager to work entrepreneurially within a small social enterprise.
- Maintain positive, high-touch relationships with existing referral generators.
- Expand referral generator network, including both individual providers and institutions.
- Track referral activity to monitor “hot” and “cold” sources; proactively remedy any cold relationships.
- Identify opportunities for strategic partnership with community organizations.
- Events, seminars, and conferences; maintain organization as a visible presence and thought leader in the community.
- Plan and implement multi-channel marketing strategy, including both traditional and new media.
- Oversee the development of all marketing materials, ensuring appropriate look & feel.
- Digital marketing and social media.
- Monitor and report on trends in competitive activity; identify opportunities for differentiation.
- Field inquiries from prospective clients.
- Serve as a bridge between community partners and internal staff, providing feedback to care management and HR that will improve quality of services.
- Identify community resources that will benefit the team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strategic thinking.
- Comfortable working independently, with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding customer service skills- ability to intuit stakeholder needs and quickly build/inspire confidence.
- Outstanding relationship building & networking abilities.
- Ability to work successfully under pressure.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Flexible / team player.
- Maintains a high level of integrity and discretion at all times.
- Digital marketing & social media.
- Tech savvy – able to learn new software applications as needed.
- College degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales and marketing / business development role, preferably within the nonprofit sector.